Come work for one of the best Property Management Companies in the Midwest. Commercial Investment Properties has managed residential investment real estate for nearly 30 years and is one of the leaders in property management. CIP is seeking a Full-Time Assistant Manager to join our team of service-oriented coworkers at one of our brand new beautiful communities in Des Moines, Iowa. 360 at Jordan West is surrounded by beautiful views of greenspace, walking trails and conveniently located next to Jordan Creek Town Center.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall management, and physical and financial condition of the rental community by performing the essential duties of the position as discussed below.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- May interview prospective residents while communicating effectively and professionally to ascertain their needs and persuade them to view the rental property. This includes communication in person, utilizing the phone and email, and professional written communication skills.
- May accompany prospective residents to rental location while using effective sales techniques to discuss the size, layout of rooms, available facilities; such as club house, workout room and equipment, swimming pool and spas, community grounds, location of shopping centers and services in the area, and discusses the terms of the lease.
- Completes lease application and agreements with the prospective resident and collects any rental deposit and/or application fee.
- Executes and approves lease agreements with lessees while explaining all terms and requirements for new residents moving in or current residents moving out.
- Collects rents due and issues receipts. Delivers late notices and follows up on balances owed on a regular basis.
- Takes appropriate action for the collection of delinquent rent including, but not limited to, 3-day notice and eviction proceedings.
- Utilizes company specific software in an accurate and timely manner for any protential resident or resident documentation requirement. Including, but not limited to, guest cards, contact information, move-in information, move-out information, rent changes, roommate changes and garage status changes.
- Routinely communicates with residents concerning their level of service.
- Routinely performs property inspections on occupied and vacant units. Clean and spiff as needed.
- Investigates resident complaints about malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods, and inspects vacated units to determine repairs or maintenance.
- May direct and coordinate activities of maintenance staff who are engaged in servicing the units, buildings, or landscaping.
- Arranges for services such as extermination, carpet cleaning and equipment repairs.
- Resolves resident complaints concerning other residents or visitors and takes appropriate action including, but not limited to, 14/30 day notices and evictions.
- May assist in developing and executing marketing plans for attracting potential residents to the property.
- May assist in designing, implementing or improving resident referral/retention programs.
- Provides information for annual budget and management plan for the property.
- Determines purchases and services for the property. May negotiate or approve contracts for services and costs.
- Assists in determining rental rates to be charged and special promotions offered.
- Actively involved in interviewing and has the authority to recommend hiring and terminations.
- May present at court hearing.
- May assist in the supervision of several employees at the property.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all residents and coworkers while working in a team environment. Assists the Regional Manager in daily operations including monitoring and enforcing the property operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate an automobile and/or golf cart safely and legally.
- Ability to use the computer and type.
- May be required to work weekends.
Ability to represent CIP professionally at all times while aligning conduct with the CIP Mission Statement and Core Values.
Absorbs and complies with laws/policies regarding Federal, State and Municipal Fair Housing Laws, The Nebraska Tenant Landlord Act, and the Federal and State Safety Regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, and see. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; cold and snow, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Drivers License with minimal violations is required. Current employees may be required to obtain additional licenses such as the CPR license.